Friday, February 24, 2012

I get dressed listening to Lil Wayne and go out to see art. At first I don't know where to park, but it's Lawrence so after I few minutes I find a parking lot and a crowd of other people looking at the art already. One of them turns out to be my five year old student. Her Mom smiles, "It's Hailey, right?" and introduces me to her latin boyfriend. With my hands in my pockets I walk around. Most of the paintings on the wall are of hay or in Chinese, which I can't read. There is a camera on a shelf on the ceiling. I think it's funny. An artist asks me if I am an artist and we watch someone hit a silver tea pot with a hammer. "I was afraid he was going to hit a finger," the artist said. "I didn't want to see blood." This week the teachers told me I was going to teach shapes for math groups. I don't know if that was an insult or a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment