Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I walk around from one strange situation to the next reassuring myself with life lessons from songs like "Can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need," and "We got to get out of this place if it's the last thing we ever do," and "Don't know what you got until it's gone," and some that I just make up myself like "You will learn from this," and "Take what you want if it's a thing, if it's a person take your time." ...mine are not as good.

Victor has a sister in Illinois. She had just returned from a party. She told Victor the guy next to her thought the centerpiece was so beautiful, he took it. But she was most surprised because he took it so beautifully. In Spain and Venezuela we just take things, Victor told me.

Sometimes Iness is so overwhelmed with joy for Theresa she grabs her and kisses her over and over. Other times she looks at herself in the reflection of the window in her wig and dances. Sometimes Theresa sings "Don't stop believing" (the only lyric I know) and Ines makes me keep singing and we have song conversations with her mom listening outside the door.

I sleep for the last night in this room, listen to "A Change Gunna Come" on youtube and prepare for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment